Addison Project’s control electrical design section has the capabilities and experience to meet your entire EC&I design requirements. We can provide full design teams for multi-million pound projects but also individual designers and engineers can undertake smaller projects or provide a few hours of engineering support. We work to your needs, not our own.
Our range of EC&I design services include:
- P & ID development.
- Front-end design and feasibility studies
- HV power distribution (upto 33kV) Compliant and registered to NERS
- Surveys and reports, including lighting requirements and fire alarm systems
- Project cost estimates, from budget to sanction grade
- Equipment user requirement specifications
- Hazardous area design expertise
- Maintenance and inspection of Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Equipment in Hazardous Areas.
- SIL and safety shutdown systems
- DCS and PLC installation or obsolete system replacement
- LV power distribution
- Motor control centres and control panels
- EC&I detailed design, including full construction installation drawings and packages
- Vendor package FAT and witness testing and inspections
- Enquiry and construction specifications
- Construction supervision and commissioning support, including construction control documentation
- Review of site electrical infrastructure for compliance with BS 61936. – 2010
- CDM documentation
HV Engineering up to and inc. 33kv
- LV Cable Network to Commercial/Industrial Properties
- HV Cable Networks up to 33kV
- Substations up to 33kV
- Cable laying upto 33kV
- Cable jointing including LV dead up to and including 33kV
- Substation installation up to and including 33kV
This has seen our involvement on some prestigious projects including the new container port in Essex, the London Gateway Project, on which we provided the HV design and engineering to support 22 primary substations. This project was further complemented by our civil and structural design expertise as we were able to offer a full design of the substations from a civil/ structural and electrical capacity which increased efficiency as our client was only dealing with a single design interface.
Our electrical capability also includes the ability to deliver what we plan with our engineers suitably qualified “SAP” (Senior Appointed Persons) available to switch and commission as required.
Review Of Site Electrical Infrastructure
- Inspection of all HV* and LV Substations & switch Rooms comprising:-
- Internal and External visual inspection of the building for structural defects.
- Inspection of all safety facilities, i.e. Exits, fire protection, security.
- Check compliance with all HSE requirements for signage in substations.
- Inspection of all substation & switch room protection relays with cross-checking against test & inspection records.
- Inventory of all switchgear and cross-check against records and drawings.
- Verification of switchgear condition, the validity of test and inspection records.
- Visual inspection of all substation and switch room earthing systems with cross-checking against test and inspection records.
- Visual inspection of all substation transformers, reactors, external switchgear etc, check security fencing, earthing, risks and precautions to personnel and adjacent plant, with cross-check against test and inspection records.
- Electrical protection Fault Study for the complete site, using ERACS and Amtech software, with updated drawings and recommendations to rectify any shortfalls.
- Complete site Earthing survey with cross-checking of earthing records.
- Compile and complete report supported by photographs of all deficiencies, faults etc.
- Update, compile and complete drawing package, test records, single line diagrams etc.