CDM 2015 Regulations Principal Designer
The client must appoint the Principal Designer in writing and prior to any construction taking place on site as they must have control over the pre-construction phase of the project.
The Principal Designer’s role is to plan, manage and monitor the pre-construction phase, co-ordination health and safety, this includes:
- Assisting the client in identifying, obtaining and collating all pre-construction information which will enable elimination or controlling foreseeable risks.
- Ensure designers carry out their duties.
- Provide pre-construction information to all other parties (designers, principal contractor and contractors).
- Liaise with the principal contractor for the duration of the appointment.
- Prepare and maintain Health & Safety file.
Addison Project has considerable experience in carrying out the role of Principal Designer on complex projects across all the process led industries. With our extensive in-house team of designers and engineers with the skills and understanding to manage and co-ordinate the pre-construction phase, including any additional design work carried out after construction has started, we are your one stop shop for Principal Designer and Engineering Design roles.
Project Feasibility, Estimates and Front End Engineering Studies
The Addison team of experienced engineers and operations professionals can help you to make the right business decision by evaluating each option against a broad range of factors, specified by you. These can include, but are not limited to:
- The technical and engineering viability
- Capital cost
- Opportunity cost
- Operating cost (if scope definition allows)
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk assessment
- Implementation timing and operational impact
- Cash flow
Alongside the evaluation of options, Addison Project can also provide detailed and accurate cost estimates to varying accuracies to suit your needs. Our database of cost data allows us to quickly provide estimates to establish and define your likely Capex forecast. We can provide project feasibility and cost estimates for the following stages of a project:
- High – Level Bench Marked Estimate – typically a factored estimate based on major equipment purchase cost
- Pre-authorisation – based on an outline scope definition and preliminary site layouts, process flow diagrams and P.& I.D.’s
- Authorisation or Sanction Grade – produced after completion of the process or Front End Engineering Design (F.E.E.D.), with a typical accuracy ranging from +/-30% to +/-10%
- Control – produced towards the end of the detailed engineering phase and used to check adequacy of funding and as a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for the implementation of the project
With this phased development of project concepts, working closely with client staff, we can ensure that the whole life cycle of a capital investment project is managed effectively so that your business objectives are achieved