Addison Project has been providing external project management services for decades, offering construction management expertise and support, Construction Design Management (CDM), Health Safety & Environment sustainability and quality (HSSEQ) direction and commissioning and start-up as part of our services. We continually develop and refine our UKAS accredited systems, procedures and specifications for the management and control of engineering, procurement and construction projects in the manufacturing and process industry.
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Working Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:10pm
Location: Office Based, Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Piping/Mechanical Design Manager to join Addison as part of an existing design team in our Head Office, Thornton-Cleveleys. Working with minimal supervision you will join an established team delivering a range of projects within the manufacturing and process industries.
As a Piping/Mechanical Design Manager, you will be reporting to the Engineering Director, and fully responsible for the Mechanical team at Thornton Cleveleys.
You will be responsible for design of piping and mechanical systems primarily for the manufacturing and chemical process industries. The role will include the management of the full design process from concept through to construction, including pipe support design, scopes of work, checking of other designer’s work, and communications with contractors.
- You must have a relevant Mechanical Degree
- You must be able to suitably demonstrate experience as either a Section Lead, Principal or Senior mechanical designer leading projects or preferably design teams.
- Experience within the process industry is desirable for this role however manufacturing or pharma experience would be considered.
- As an excellent communicator, leader, and mentor you will be confident in liaising with external and internal customers
- You will have AutoCAD Plant 3D or PDMS experience (Plant 3D preferred)
- You will have piping design experience in Chemical, Petrochemical, and/or Oil and Gas industries preferably with a knowledge of relevant standards.
- You will have the ability to utilise laser scan point clouds
- You will have the ability to complete site surveys, and create reports and scopes of work
- You must be confident in writing scopes of work for mechanical demolition and installation
- You must have the ability to produce check and validate, General Arrangement Drawings, Isometric and Pipe Support Drawings
- Able to write scopes of work for piping and mechanical demolition and installations.
- Experience of complying design and installation estimates
- Able to obtain sub-contractor quotations and technically review the quotations received.
Benefits of work with Addison:
- 27 days inclusive plus bank holidays
- Regular Salary Reviews based on Performance
- Discretionary Company Bonus based on Performance
- 4 x Salary, Death in Service
- Company Sick Pay
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Enjoy Benefits Salary Sacrifice – Cycle to Work, Technical Benefit and Gym Memberships
- Perkbox – 100’s of discounts in Supermarkets, Retail, Insurance, and much more
- Employee of the Month
- Free Onsite Parking
- Professional Development with training provided by Addison Academy
- Employee assistance supporting mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position at this time. We wish you very success in the future.