Role: Mechanical Engineer
Status: Staff, Permanent
We offer a quality driven, dynamic environment where projects are varied, standards are high and people are valued. Here at Addison teamworking is key and the foundation of our business. You are part of our future, our people truly are valued as our strongest asset and as such we nurture, train and develop you as an individual.
For the past 25 years we have been building and nurturing our very strong multi discipline teams at our business locations in Lancashire, Cheshire and Teesside. We are proud to have a high staff retention which gives us a tremendous level of experience to assist and develop your skills and experience. As a Mechanical Engineer within Addison you will help us build on our success and continue our incredible growth journey.
You will provide Mechanical Engineering support to UK Process Sector new build, upgrade and expansion projects throughout the UK. Supporting the Mechanical Discipline Manager in Daresbury you will work closely with our Mechanical / Piping and multidisciplinary engineering and project management teams and clients alike.
- Produce mechanical design packages for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, centrifuges, piping, valves, storage tanks and other process plant equipment
- Review and approve mechanical/piping design packages
- Provide project engineering support
- Complete site surveys, client and vendor meetings
- Support the discipline manage with quotes, estimates and client meetings
- Charted Mechanical Engineer
- Demonstrable onshore mechanical engineering experience within the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceutical sectors
- Working knowledge of Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice including PED, PSSR, API, ASME, PD5500, ISO, EN and EEMUA.
- Understanding of safe systems of work including permit to work system.
- Knowledge of pressure testing and NDT techniques.
- Knowledge of management of change and engineering design risk assessments.
- Competent in the use of standard Microsoft 365 software packages and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of Autocad, Navisworks, Plant 3D, E3D and other design packages are advantageous but not essential
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: email@example.com
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.