Addison Project has been providing external project management services for decades, offering construction management expertise and support, Construction Design Management (CDM), Health Safety & Environment sustainability and quality (HSSEQ) direction and commissioning and start-up as part of our services. We continually develop and refine our UKAS accredited systems, procedures and specifications for the management and control of engineering, procurement and construction projects in the manufacturing and process industry.
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Working Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:10pm.
Location: Office Based, Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire / Hybrid Considered
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Civil and Structural Engineer/Designer to join Addison as part of an existing team in our Head Office, Thornton-Cleveleys, however we will consider applications for people who would like to be based in our Daresbury office and who are willing to travel to Thornton-Cleveleys weekly or we will consider hybrid working for the right candidate. Working with minimal supervision you will join an established team delivering a range of projects within the process industry.
- Preferably Chartered status with a relevant professional body
- You must be able to demonstrable experience in Chemical Plant and Industry buildings design.
- You must have as minimum HND Civil & Structural engineering certification
- Be able to demonstrable design experience working on Industrial / Petro / Chemical / Pharmaceutical projects.
- Experience in 3D Tekla structures / Autodesk Revit / AutoCAD Advance Steel / 3D AutoCAD is advantageous.
- Having evidence of Navisworks and 3D point cloud survey experience is advantageous.
- Have experienced in the production of specifications and authoring of technical reports.
- Experienced in the production of tender documentation and contract management.
- Able to work to Civil/Structural design standards and experience in dealing with building control.
- Experienced in infrastructure adoptable standards preparing Civils / Structural BOQ.
- You will have knowledge of British & Euro-Codes of practice and Health & Safety.
- You will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Being responsible whole design process.
- Liaising with clients and project teams.
- Liaising with architect and design consultants.
- Interfacing with project teams.
- Being responsible for Contract Implementation.
- Review civil / structural subcontractor documentation.
- Detailing of structural steelwork and concrete, including reinforced concrete detailing and scheduling.
- Completing site surveys.
- Condition inspection and reporting.
- Estimating design detailing durations and providing quotations and estimates for new works.
- Work alone or as part of an internal multi-disciplinary design team and wider client team.
- You will also be capable of developing the following:
- Grading plans, cable duct and drainage deliverables.
- Hardstanding, bunded areas with sumps, trenches.
- Civil / Structural construction SOW.
- Enquire requisitions and technical bid tabulations.
- Passive fireproofing specifications, fireproofing GA & detail drawings.
Benefits of work with Addison:
- 27 days inclusive plus bank holidays (with the chance to buy additional holidays – TBC)
- Regular Salary Reviews based on Performance
- Discretionary Company Bonus based on Performance
- 4 x Salary, Death in Service
- Company Sick Pay
- 3% Employer Pension Contribution
- Enjoy Benefits Salary Sacrifice – Cycle to Work, Technical Benefit and Gym Memberships
- Perkbox – 100’s of discounts in Supermarkets, Retail, Insurance, and much more
- Employee of the Month
- Free Onsite Parking
- Professional Development with training provided by Addison Academy
- Employee assistance supporting mental, physical and financial wellbeing
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position at this time. We wish you very success in the future.