Addison Project has been providing external project management services for decades, offering construction management expertise and support, Construction Design Management (CDM), Health Safety & Environment sustainability and quality (HSSEQ) direction and commissioning and start-up as part of our services. We continually develop and refine our UKAS accredited systems, procedures and specifications for the management and control of engineering, procurement and construction projects in the manufacturing and process industry.
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Working Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:10pm.
Location: Office Based, Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire/ Hybrid working may be available.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Civil and Structural Designer to join Addison as part of an existing team in our Head Office, Thornton-Cleveleys, however we will consider applications for people who would like to be based in our Daresbury office and who are willing to travel to Thornton-Cleveleys weekly or we will consider hybrid working for the right candidate. Working with minimal supervision you will join an established team delivering a range of projects within the manufacturing and process industries.
- Experience in production of 2D civil drawings covering foundations, drainage, hard standings, grading, and external works drawings. Reinforced concrete detailed is advantageous.
- Experience in site surveys, inspections and reporting.
- Ability to produce specifications and scopes of work and then to review civil/ structural subcontractor documentation.
- Experience in dealing with building control and planning authorities.
- Experience in 3D Tekla structures / Autodesk Revit / AutoCAD Advance Steel / 3D AutoCAD is advantageous.
- Experience in Navisworks and 3D point cloud surveys is advantageous.
- Demonstrable design experience working on Industrial / Petro / Chemical / Pharmaceutical projects is advantageous.
- Knowledge of British & Euro-Codes of Practice and Health & Safety
- Able to develop grading plans, cable duct and drainage deliverables, hardstanding, bunded areas with sumps, trenches
- Detailing of structural steelwork and concrete, including reinforced concrete detailing and scheduling.
- Able to work alone or as part of an internal multi-disciplinary design team and wider client team.
Benefits of work with Addison:
- 27 days inclusive plus bank holidays
- Regular Salary Reviews based on Performance
- Discretionary Company Bonus based on Performance
- 4 x Salary, Death in Service
- Company Sick Pay
- Employer Pension Contribution.
- Enjoy Benefits Salary Sacrifice – Cycle to Work, Technical Benefit and Gym Memberships
- Perkbox – 100’s of discounts in Supermarkets, Retail, Insurance, and much more
- Employee of the Month
- Free Onsite Parking
- Professional Development with training provided by Addison Academy
- Employee assistance supporting mental, physical and financial wellbeing
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position at this time. We wish you very success in the future.