Term: Permanent Staff
As we continue to invest in and nurture future talent we are proud to offer the role of Construction Supervisor. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced trade supervisor to join our construction team and develop into a Construction Supervisor. You will be mentored and trained in multidisciplinary construction activities along with the requirements to fulfil the role or both Principal Contractor and Principal Designer.
Working at both our Thornton-Cleveleys office and sites nationwide we will invest the time and experience of our successful team to enhance your current skills an experience, which will have been gained working on onshore petrochemical projects.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Mechanical or Electrical trade background, ideally with an apprenticeship gained in the petrochemical industry
- BTEC ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent demonstrable experience in a construction related discipline.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Construction Health and Safety or SMSTS is desirable, however training will be provided for the right candidate
- Good understanding of construction industry quality standards and acceptable standards of workmanship and requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and guidance e.g. Health & Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations 2015
- Able to assess information, evaluate solutions and devise appropriate course of action.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft IT skills.
- Good observational skills especially relating to quality issues is essential
- Construction supervisory experience working in a petro chemical or similar regulated environment is highly desirable
- Must have a significant / relevant experience of supervising construction related works (mechanical/electrical/civil/structural) including management of sub-contract labour.
- Experienced in the production of job specific method statements and risk assessments.
- Experienced in safety auditing, inspections, inductions and near miss reporting.
- Experience of permits to work systems. (Acceptor or issuer) (Training will be provided for a suitable candidate)
- Implementing / completing quality plans
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.