Location: Middlesbrough / Daresbury / Hillhouse
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Start: September 2021
Would you like to work in an environment that recognises your skills and experience? One where you are valued and listened to and one where you can take control and be proactive. Addison can offer this and much more.
We are seeking a Company SHE Manager to join us on a permanent staff basis. In this role you will have responsibility for steering SHE throughout the business, as such you can be based in either of our offices – Hillhouse, Daresbury or Middlesbrough.
We are looking for a SHE Manager to steer SHE across Addison, setting strategy and managing performance throughout the Addison Group, covering our offices and sites. You will ensure compliance with all SHE statutory legislation, accredited processes and all contract specific SHE requirements. You will help drive our culture of continual improvement, focussed on achieving zero-harm at all levels.
- Overall responsibility for co-ordinating the safety, health and environmental management programme
- Assist the Directors in developing a strategy and promoting a culture of continuous improvement, on matters relating to safety, health and the environment.
- Produce, communicate and review the effectiveness of all necessary risk assessments for the group’s operations, including review of all substances and relevant COSHH assessments.
- Review and where necessary, develop systems, KPI’s procedures, controls and monitoring standards to maintain legal compliance and to further promote the safety, health and environment.
- Ensure the H&S strategy is translated and adequate provisions are made for communicating and training employees on health and safety matters.
- Ensure that all Managers and employees are made aware of their responsibilities under current legislation.
- Complete major investigations and approve ALL accident investigations/incidents completed by Project Health & Safety Managers.
- Act as company liaison officer for all communications to the HSE including The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).
- Take the lead in organising project safety awareness campaigns
- Measurement and reporting of trends/statistics.
- Shall consult and agree with the Managing Director annual SHE objectives, new legislative requirements, good practice and measures required to ensure compliance with current safety, health and environmental standards.
A construction biased SHE Manager, you will be looking to progress your career leading our SHE department. A role you can make your own, grow and develop and one where your ideas can be made reality.
- Demonstrable SHE Management experience
- Ideally you will have experience as a Construction Manager, within the process industry, prior to moving into your current SHE Management role.
- Experience working as both a Principal Designer and Principal Contractor is essential
- NEBOSH minimum qualification
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Ability to travel to our office and sites throughout the UK