Senior Project Manager
Location: Thornton Cleveleys
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Start: October 2021
Would you like to work in an environment that recognises your skills and experience? One where you are valued and listened to and one where you can take control and be proactive. Addison can offer this and much more.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Hillhouse Head Office on a permanent staff basis.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be proactive in your approach. You will define, plan, direct and delivering projects or sub-projects with the wider support of our project, engineering and construction teams. Our projects always meet both customer and business requirements, therefore you must be able to ensure your projects follow suit.
This role will enable you to build and maintain effective relationships across all functional groups involved in project/ programme delivery and be part of a growing business.
For those who would like to further develop their careers, Addison Project are committed to developing people, however if you are an experienced Senior Project Manager seeking an opportunity to maintain your status then we equally support this.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Manage a range of projects within the Process Sector covering but not limited to, chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, oil and gas.
- Developing commercially viable project definitions to form a basis for developing and prioritising project plans.
- Developing and maintaining coherent, fully integrated and workable project plans and budgets.
- Developing resource plans and liaising with all stakeholder functions.
- Controlling, monitoring and managing assigned projects or sub-projects, using techniques such as Earned Value, ensuring we are delivering to agreed time, budget and quality, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues so that the project are delivered to plan.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers to meet customer requirements, and leading in swift resolution of major issues.
- Ensuring that activities on assigned projects are co-ordinated with related projects and functional activities so that delays are avoided.
- Leading, developing (utilising tools such as PDR) and motivating any reporting and assigned staff through good communication and honest open management techniques in keeping with the company values.
- Degree/HNC/HND qualified in Project Management or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience as a Senior Project Manager, ideally working in a Principal Design or Principal Contractor capacity or an experience Project Manager looking to progress.
- Experienced in chemical, petrochemical or pharmaceutical sectors.
- An understanding of the full project lifecycle management process, especially the delivery and completion.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in Risk Management, Mitigation and Opportunity management.
- Proven experience of leading/managing a diverse project team.
- Experienced in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc) along with report writing that will utilise these tools.
- Ideally have experience of using planning tools, predominantly MS Project.
- Flexible regarding location and willing to travel.
To all applicants: In line with legislation, these positions are only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.