Location: Daresbury, Warrington
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Start Date: ASAP
Due to a period of growth we are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Piping Design Engineer to join our Daresbury Office on a permanent staff basis. This really is a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects nationwide.
As a Senior Piping Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing piping systems primarily for the chemical process industry. The role will include the full design process from concept through to construction, including pipe support design, scopes of work, checking of other designer’s work, and communications with contractors.
Established in 1980, Addison is a group of engineering companies made up of Addison Precision, Addison Engineering and Addison Project plc, specialising in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Process, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Medical sectors.
Here at Addison Project plc, we offer specialist engineering services right through to principal contractor and a full EPCM service. Through our excellent reputation built over the last 25 years we have continued to develop an expanding and sustainable business. We provide a high quality & value for money range of engineering services to an expanding portfolio of very satisfied customers.
What truly sets us apart from our competitors though is our people and that’s an ever-present since our inception 25 years ago. We are professional, high performing team players, focussed on delivering high quality service at a competitive price in order to give our Clients the best possible service and experience.
Our success is driven about by employing the most efficient working methods and creating a rewarding environment for our highly skilled design and engineering team.
Our core values are at the heart of our business. They define who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for. They set out our business principles, how we act and expect to be treated as part of Addison. We value our people and recognise them as our main assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write scopes of work for piping and mechanical demolition and installations
- Produce, and check, General Arrangement Drawings, Isometric Drawings and Pipe Support Drawings
- Creation of design and installation estimates
- Management of workloads
- Ability to obtain sub contractor quotations and technically review quotations received
- Use AutoCAD Plant 3D to produce drawings
- Utilise laser scan point clouds
- Complete site surveys and create reports of the same
- Client liaison
- AutoCAD Plant 3D or AutoPlant experience (Plant 3D preferred)
- Piping design experience in Chemical, Petrochemical, and/or Oil and Gas industries
- Mechanical design experience is also very desirable
- Ability to utilise laser scan point clouds
- Ability to complete site surveys, and create reports of the same
- Confident in writing scopes of work for mechanical demolition and installation
- Ability to produce, and check, General Arrangement Drawings, Isometric Drawings and Pipe Support Drawings
To all applicants: In line with legislation, these positions are only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.