Senior Mechanical Piping Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Start Date: November 2021
Due to a period of growth our Engineering team are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Piping Design Engineer to join the team in our Middlesbrough office.
As a Senior Piping Mechanical designer, you will be responsible for designing piping systems primarily for the chemical process industry. The role will include the full design process from concept through to construction, including pipe support design, scopes of work, checking of other designer’s work, and communications with contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write scopes of work for piping and mechanical demolition and installation
- Produce, and check, General Arrangement Drawings, Isometric Drawings and Pipe Support Drawings
- Creation of design and installation estimates
- Management of workloads
- Ability to obtain quotations and technically review quotations received
- Use CADWORX and AutoCAD Plant 3D to produce drawings
- Utilise laser scan point clouds
- Complete site surveys and create reports of the same
- Client liaison
- CADWORX and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D experience
- Piping design experience in Petrochemical, and/or Oil and Gas industries
- Mechanical design experience is also very desirable
- Ability to utilise laser scan point clouds
- Ability to complete site surveys, and create reports of the same
- Confident in writing scopes of work for mechanical demolition and installation
- Ability to produce, and check, General Arrangement Drawings, Isometric Drawings and Pipe Support Drawings
To all applicants: In line with legislation, these positions are only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.