Location: Daresbury Park, Warrington
Job Type: Permanent Staff, Full Time
Start Date: June / July 2022
We are looking for an experienced Chartered Senior Civil and Structural Engineer that can demonstrate suitable expertise in civil and structural engineering design. This is an excellent opportunity to join Addison Project Plc, part of the Addison Engineering Group of Companies.
You will be capable of working on your own initiative with minimum supervision and also be able to supervise and support members of the team. You will be responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, specifications, calculations and report writing. You will be a good communicator and will be able to effectively liaise with clients, local authorities, regulators and other external team members.
Our engineers are also expected to ensure that commissions are completed to the standards set out in our Quality Management System.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will have previous experience of managing:
- Whole Design Process
- Project Teams
- Liaising with Clients
- Liaising with Architect consultants
- Design Consultants
- Knowledge of British & Euro-Codes of Practice and Health & Safety.
- Interface with Project Teams
- Contract Implementation
What we are looking for in you:
- Preferably Chartered status with a relevant professional body
- Demonstrable experience in Chemical Plant and Industry buildings design
- Minimum HND Civil & Structural Engineering
- Demonstrable design experience working on Industrial / Petro / Chemical / Pharmaceutical projects
- Experienced in 3D Tekla structures / Autodesk Revit / AutoCAD Advance Steel / 3D AutoCAD is advantageous
- Evidence of Navisworks and 3D point cloud survey experience is advantageous
- Experienced in the production of specifications and authoring of technical reports
- Experienced in the production of tender documentation and contract management
- Experienced in Civil/Structural design standards
- Experience with liaison with building control and the required standards
- Experienced in infrastructure adoptable standards Prepare Civils / Structural BOQ
- Ability to develop civils work, concretes & structural specs.
- Ability to develop standards for steelwork
- Ability to prepare steelwork calculations and verification of design
- Ability to prepare foundation calculations and verification of design
- Ability to prepare civil calculations
- Ability to develop grading plans
- Ability to develop cable ducts
- Ability to develop drainage deliverables
- Ability to develop hardstanding, bunded areas with sumps, trenches
- Ability to develop Civil / Structural Construction SOW
- Ability to develop enquire requisitions
- Experience of completing Technical bid tabulations
- Ability to review civil / structural subcontractor docs.
- Ability to develop passive fireproofing spec.
- Ability to develop fireproofing GA & detail drawings
- Experience of detailing of structural steelwork and concrete, including reinforced concrete detailing and scheduling
- Site surveys experience
- Experience of Condition inspection and reporting
- Experience of estimating design detailing durations
- Ability to provide quotations and estimates for new works
- Experience of working with an internal multi-disciplinary design team and wider client team
You will be an excellent communicator and will possess the skills to work on your own initiative, to operate as part of a Project Team and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations.
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.