Location: Thornton Cleveleys
Job Type: Permanent Staff
- Working Hours – 38hrs/week
- Pay Rate – Competitive
- Generous Holiday/Pension conditions
The Quality Engineer will work to ensure our products that meet customer expectation. They will put in place systems to measure performance and then report on its findings, liaising with managers and staﬀ, and coordinating procedures to address any deficiencies.
- Ensure that the organisations QMS conforms to customer and internal regulatory requirements (AS9100/ISO13485) by means of internal auditing.
- Corresponding with the customer and the supply chain for any quality issues, including customer returns and supplier rejects.
- Concession generating and tracking of updates.
- PPAP/ PFMEA for all new products if this is a customer requirement.
- Reviewing and submitting of FAIR’s.
- Generating and submitting of FPA’s / FPD’s.
- Running gauge R & R, MSA study’s to customer requirements.
- Reviewing supplier manuals and specifications to ensure conformation to correct customer requirements.
- Reviewing customer requirements.
- Attend the MRB review as a support function.
- Maintain and review the quarantine process.
- Delegated FAIR signatories
- Investigate and assist production in the RCCA for NCR’s raised on progress plus.
- Update internal NCR’s and external NCR’s raised by customers and external accreditation bodies.
- Generating and training of SOPs
- Experience of quality regulatory standards;
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies;
- Experience of conducting and hosting audits;
- Experience in building up rapport with customers and suppliers;
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles;
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices;
- Significant experience of RCCA principles, e.g. 8D, 5 whys;
- Experience in customer interaction;
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering;
- Knowledge of AS9100;
- AS9100 Internal auditor;
- Knowledge of ISO13485;
- Lean manufacturing principles, tools and techniques