Term: Permanent, Staff
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys, Daresbury or Middlesbrough
Start: July 2022
Established in 1980, Addison is a group of engineering companies made up of Addison Precision, Addison Engineering and Addison Project plc. We specialise in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Process, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Medical sectors.
What truly sets us apart from our competitors though is our people and that’s an ever-present since our inception. We are professional, high performing team players, focussed on delivering high quality service at a competitive price in order to give our clients the best possible service and experience. We look after our people, encourage development and offer exposure to all parts of our Group.
The Procurement Manager is a key role in our business and one where you will lead our procurement team and help drive our business’ forward. This is a pivotal role which supports the entire Addison Group.
We are flexible on location, but the successful candidate will be expected to be in our Head Office at Thornton-Cleveleys weekly.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will work with our Directors, Managers, Engineering and Finance teams to ensure a seamless procurement service is available throughout the group.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead, guide and mentor the procurement team
- Creation of a Procurement Strategy for major projects tailored to the individual needs of the client and the requirement
- Preparation of Invitation to Tenders and collation of technical information ready to issue to pre-determined suppliers/subcontractors
- Management of the enquiry process thorough to order placement via creation and management of a procurement plan
- Agreeing favorable terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors, ensuring client and company risk is minimised
- Ensuring the process for prequalification of suppliers and subcontractors is adhered to
- Managing and completing the commercial assessment of bids, along with technical representative, ensuring compliance with enquiry specifications
- Performing negotiations to get the best value for the company and our clients
- Develop strong, sustainable and excellent relationships with key suppliers and supply chain, both existing and new, to seek out and develop future discount opportunities for services and equipment
- Completion of bid analysis/supplier recommendation forms, where required and management the approval process
- Production of purchase orders within the MPOWER system
- Expediting orders to ensure delivery requirements are met
- Collating feedback on supplier performance
- Receiving requisitions and demands, negotiate with suppliers, process purchase orders and purchase order amendments in accordance with procurement processes and procedures
- Being the main point of contact for procurement activities on key projects and updating clients in weekly meetings on progress
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Demonstrable experience in a senior procurement role within the process, engineering, or construction sectors
- Proactive and a self-starter who is willing to not only lead the team but be part of it
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise tasks and achieve targets
- Excellent reporting skills and a confident user of Microsoft Office
- Excellence communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with excellent problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Ability to interface with internal teams, clients and suppliers
- The ability to act in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Working knowledge of raising purchase orders
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the customer
- Able to work well under pressure
Our success is driven about by employing the most efficient working methods and creating a rewarding environment for our team.
Our core values are at the heart of our business. They define who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for. They set out our business principles, how we act and expect to be treated as part of Addison. We value our people and recognise them as our main assets.
We identify, nurture and train talent, we employ only the very best staff available and help to instil tremendous attitudes in them. We will work with you to define your career path, offering you the guidance, support and opportunities to flourish.
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.