Role: Procurement Manager
Location: Daresbury or Thornton-Cleveleys
Status: Permanent, Staff
We have an immediate requirement for a Procurement Manager to join our Procurement Team on a permanent staff basis. Ideally the role will be based in our Daresbury office, however we are a flexible organisation and are happy for the role to be based in our Thornton-Cleveleys Head Office.
Candidates from all backgrounds will be considered, but experience within the engineering sector is highly desirable.
A hands on opportunity whereby you will lead the Procurement Team and support the Procurement Director with the department strategy. You will take responsibility for all engineering buying to support key client projects throughout the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a varied role where you will lead the Procurement Team and support the Directors with strategy and growth, whilst taking a hands-on procurement role for key clients.
- Thorough review of the procurement function along with subsequent suggestions for improvement. We are confident our processes and procedures work well but as a business we operate an ethos of continuous improvement welcoming all suggestions
- Standard procurement activities
- Supplier liaison and relationship building
- Reporting and data analysis
- Resource planning and task allocation for the Procurement Team
- Guiding, mentoring and training current and new team employees, identifying training needs and opportunities for learning
- Assisting with strategy development
- Demonstrable experience in a Senior, Lead or Procurement Management role is essential
- Engineering buying experience is highly desirable but not essential
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Able to prioritise and manage workload without direct supervision
- Able to react and remain calm in an ever-changing environment
- Proactive focused with excellent attention to details
- Proven ability to problem solve, in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to interface with internal teams, clients and suppliers to a high level
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.