ROLE: Process Engineering Discipline Manager
LOCATION: Daresbury, Middlesbrough, Thornton-Cleveleys
STATUS: Permanent, Staff
Here at Addison Project Plc we are passionate about the future and our people. We are instrumental in developing, training and retaining the best talent for our continued success and growth. As a result we have a brand new permanent staff opportunity to lead our team of Process Engineers. Based in either our Daresbury, Middlesbrough or Thornton-Cleveleys offices you will support the Directors and Management team. This is an exciting key role in our strategic growth plans.
We expect a lot from our people, but equally we offer a lot too, not only will you have the full support of the Directors and Management team but also the opportunity to make the role your own. We are a flexible, forward-thinking organisation who is at an exciting stage in our growth plans, with recent award success the future really is here.
The below gives you a flavor of some of the expectations of the role, we will discuss and expand on these at interview stage:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the Process Engineering team
- Resource the team appropriately and assign work accordingly
- Act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects
- FEED and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies and equipment specifications
- Working with and developing automated digital design tools for process calculations
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Liaison with clients and meeting attendance
- Support and or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service
- Development of activity schedules, resource and work plans
- Assist and support graduates and process engineers in their development towards Chartered status
- Checking and approval of calculations and process deliverables prepared by others
- Work closely with other Discipline Managers to ensure a cohesive approach to all projects and strategy
- Educated to degree level with a chemical / process engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised professional institution (IChemE)
- Demonstrable experience as either a Principal or Senior Process Engineer
- Extensive feasibility and design experience across a variety of processes within Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, LOPA & SIL.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- A well-developed understanding of the design process
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge base
- Able to produce time and cost estimates
- A “can do” attitude, willing to work through problems and make decisions
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to be flexible, to multi-task and prioritise when necessary
- Flexible and able travel to our offices and sites throughout the UK
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: email@example.com
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.