Status: Permanent Staff
Location: Flexible, with weekly visits to Thornton-Cleveleys
Start: July 2022
Established in 1980, Addison is a group of engineering companies made up of Addison Precision, Addison Engineering and Addison Project plc. We specialise in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Process, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Medical sectors.
What truly sets us apart from our competitors though is our people and that’s an ever-present since our inception. We are professional, high performing team players, focussed on delivering high quality service at a competitive price in order to give our clients the best possible service and experience
We are recruiting for key role within our team, a HR/L&D Coordinator, to support the entire Addison Group, comprising Addison Project, Addison Precision, Addison Engineering and Addison Academy.
We are flexible on location, but the successful candidate will be expected to be in our Head Office at Thornton-Cleveleys at least once per week.
The HR / L&D Coordinator is a crucial role with Addison to ensure the delivery of quality HR and Learning & Development services for all of our staff. Whilst we are looking for someone who fits the Person Specification below, if you are a recent Human Resources Graduate with a desire for a career in Learning and Development, we welcome your application.
Working with our directors, managers, engineering, procurement and finance teams you will be responsible for ensuring our systems, records, processes and strategies remain up to date and in line with current legislation. Below is a sample of the duties and responsibilities, but as we continue to grow the role will grow in parallel.
- Overseeing the onboarding and induction process, updating processes where necessary
- Coordinate reporting from the HR portal and assist in the creation of HR reports
- Coordinate HR and L&D Communications between the Group
- Maintain the HR / L&D information on our online portal, including uploading documents and editing content
- Coordinate the apprenticeship program to ensure suitable and relevant training is in place
- Co-ordinate information provided for the staff newsletter and other internal communications
- Monitor the HR email inboxes, responding to enquiries and referring issues for HR advice
- Liaise with our outsourced HR Partner where relevant
- Liaise with our Accounts department for payroll and benefits purposes, including collating documents, reports and entering timely and accurate information
- Administration of new starters including pre-employment vetting checks, references, preparing documents and ensuring the return of new starter documentation
- Create and maintain HR records including manual and electronic filing systems, employee records, new starters, leavers etc
- Coordinate probationary periods and arranging associated meetings
- Organise and coordinate staff meetings, away days, group training and other meetings and events
- Coordinate the appraisal process, assisting with internal communications, ensuring documentation is completed and collating information for HR reports
- Coordinating and arranging training courses, pre-training and post training assessments, record-keeping and monitoring training needs analysis
- Where relevant designing and implementing training programs
- Develop and maintain a skills matrices for all job roles
- General administration for L&D and HR functions
- Any other duties commensurate with role and grade as requested by the line manager
- You will have demonstrable experience in Learning and Development and have a strong desire to continue your career in this field
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen and effectively verbalise ideas
- Proactive and friendly approach to working and liaising with employees at all levels
- The ability to gather information and deliver it in a presentable format
- Decision making along with the ability to priortise conflicting tasks
- A solid background of maintaining accurate records
- Confidentiality is key in this role, therefore demonstrable experience of working in a confidential manner is essential
- Experience of creating and or updating skills matrices is desirable
- IT Literate with good understanding of Microsoft applications
Our success is driven about by employing the most efficient working methods and creating a rewarding environment for our team. Our core values are at the heart of our business. They define who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for. They set out our business principles, how we act and expect to be treated as part of Addison. We value our people and recognise them as our main assets.
We will identify, nurture and train talent and employ only the very best staff available and help to instil tremendous attitudes in them. We will consistently produce highly motivated, talented, accountable and disciplined engineers who add value to our company and our client’s businesses.
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.