Role: Lead Document Controller
Status: Staff, Permanent
Location: Middlesbrough, Daresbury or Thornton-Cleveleys
Addison Project require an experienced Document Controller to lead the development of an improved document control system and team. This role is to be based in our Middlesbrough Office, however we are flexible and are accepting applications from candidates who would like to work in our Daresbury or Thornton-Cleveleys offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Quality Director, you will complete a review of current systems and processes. You will subsequently make recommendations for improvement and be instrumental in driving these changes forward.
Duties will be varied and will include:
- Assisting the development of a new document control system for the group
- Advising resource requirements for the Document Control Team
- Establishing and maintaining computer-based document filing systems
- Creating new and updating existing document templates.
- Scanning, copying and distributing documents to project team members, clients and stakeholders (outgoing and incoming).
- Process responses to documents issued
- Maintaining the document numbering system
- Tracking document progress
- Reviewing documents and making revisions for accuracy and compliance with the quality system
- Liaising with project team members to ensure documents meet project requirements
- Assisting with auditing projects and personnel to ensure compliance with the quality system
- Reporting document control metrics to the directors and project managers for compliance and tracking purposes
- Remaining up to date with all company policies and procedures, industry legislation and guidance applicable to your subject field
- Demonstrable experience of working in Document Control role at a senior level, ideally within the Engineering, Chemical, or Oil & Gas industries
- An independent and proactive self-starter
- You will be comfortable communicating at all levels
- You will have the experience and or desire to lead a small team of Document Controllers
- Knowledge and experience of operating IT systems. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Autocad lite and Teams. A working knowledge of SharePoint would be advantageous
- Team lead experience would be advantageous but not essential
PLEASE NOTE : This job is open for UK nationals only as security clearance will be required
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.