Addison Project Graduate Opportunities – Summer 2024
Here at Addison Project your success is our priority and with our graduate scheme we ensure we do everything we can to build the foundations of your career. Not only do we offer you a structured program, where you learn and put into practice the key engineering foundations you have developed throughout your degree, we also offer you the flexibility to drive your own learning. Addison academy, our in-house training business, is where your professional development will compliment your on-the-job learning. Most importantly you are the catalyst to drive this learning.
We offer a quality driven, dynamic environment where projects are varied, standards are high and people are valued. Here at Addison teamworking is key and the foundation of our business. You are part of our future, our people truly are valued as our strongest asset and as such we nurture, train and develop you as an individual.
For the past 25 years we have been building and nurturing our very strong multi discipline teams at our business locations in Lancashire, Cheshire and Teesside. We are proud to have a high staff retention which gives us a tremendous level of experience to assist and develop your skills and experience.
Our summer 2024 Graduate intake opportunities are available in each of our offices – Thornton-Cleveleys, Daresbury and Middlesbrough and allow you to work alongside our experienced engineering, project management and construction teams to deliver our renowned projects.
If you are in your final year of your engineering degree or graduated in 2023 you can apply for one of our graduate schemes to commence summer 2024:
- Process Engineering
- Electrical, Control and Instrumentation
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Mechanical and Piping Engineering
- You must have a relevant Degree or Masters degree in the above, or related, subject to be considered. Gained in either 2023 or 2024.
- You must be able to demonstrate your passion for your chosen subject, technical capabilities and enthusiasm to develop further.
- You must be able to attend an assessment day in one of our offices in February.
- You must be fluent, both verbal and written in English language.
- You must have the right to work in the UK from summer 2024 and for the duration of the 3 year program as we are unable to offer sponsorship for any of these opportunities.
Predominantly office based, as part of the in-house design team at Addison Project Daresbury, Middlesbrough or Thornton-Cleveleys offices your 3-year scheme will commence. Opportunities to visit or be based on client’s sites will be possible as and when opportunities arise with clients. The program spans 3 years and offers regular performance and renumeration reviews.
Experience, Training and Development
Graduate Engineers will be involved in a variety of projects for clients ranging from the pharmaceutical, chemical and food and drink sectors. Programme structure will be somewhat flexible, dependent upon the client needs and business needs at the time. Skills and experience will be attained in our chosen discipline along with Project Engineering and an appreciation of other engineering disciplines.
Initial training will include:
- Induction and familiarisation with the Addison Quality Management System.
- Familiarisation with the elements of Front-End Engineering Design.
- Individual induction meetings with company directors and heads of department.
Continuing Professional Development will include:
- Graduates will be assigned a mentor who will assist on their journey to chartership.
- Graduates will be required to demonstrate step-wise progress to Chartered status.
- Graduates will be embedded in the Addison Design teams for each project and will be supported to achieve their goals by multi-discipline teams of experienced Engineers and Designers.
- Graduates will not be considered supernumerary and will be expected to contribute to their assigned projects as well as their skill set allows.
- Annual targets, goals and milestones will be set by the Engineering Director and graduates will attend quarterly performance reviews with the Engineering Director, to review progress.
- Graduates will be required to attend internal training sessions across a variety of disciplines and topics as part of their development programme.
- A key skills experience matrix will be provided, with skills that need to be signed off by Senior Engineers or Designers to approve that those skills have been learnt and demonstrated.
With bases in Lancashire, Cheshire and Teesside, Addison Project are industry leaders in project engineering solutions, delivering nationally, with an international capability and a local ethos.
We offer a competitive benefits package, regular performance and salary reviews and the opportunity to be part of the Addison Family culture and values that have made us the success we are and have been for over 25 years.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the office you are applying to along with the Engineering Discipline you wish to be considered for.
Please note there are no sponsorships available for our Graduate Scheme, therefore all applicants should hold the relevant right to work documents to work in the UK for the 3-year duration of the scheme.