Status: Permanent, Staff
Start Date: ASAP
Established in 1980, Addison is a group of engineering companies made up of Addison Precision, Addison Engineering and Addison Project plc. We specialise in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Process, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Medical sectors.
What truly sets us apart from our competitors though is our people and that’s an ever-present since our inception. We are professional, high performing team players, focused on delivering high quality service at a competitive price in order to give our clients the best possible service and experience. We look after our people, encourage development and offer exposure to all parts of our Group.
The EC&I Section Lead is a key role within Addison Project’s Middlesbrough Office and one where you will lead our team and help drive our business’ forward. This is a pivotal role which supports the both the future of the business.
You will lead a team of Electrical, Control and Instrument Engineers and Designers and ensure standards are high and customer satisfaction prevails. Based in our Daresbury office you will support the Engineering Director and be an integral part of the management team
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day management, supervision and resourcing of the EC&I team.
- Focal point for all EC&I design activities.
- Undertake the role of lead EC&I design engineer on major projects.
- Drive the section to be the best design resource available to our clients
- Ensure high standards of quality and efficiency are maintained and client’s requirements are met through compliance with and continual improvement of ISO9001 quality procedures.
- Ensure all designs comply with relevant UK, European and industry / client standards along with meeting safety and environmental requirements.
- Ensures robust checking, verification and approval procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy.
- Ensure effective cost and programme controls are in place and targets are met.
- Minimise non chargeable hours within the section.
- Maximise profit within the section.
- Production of estimates, design and construction activities and quotations
- Ensure communication exists between disciplines and across all offices
- Demonstrable experience in a senior EC&I engineer role within the process engineering sector
- Proactive and a self-starter who is willing to not only lead the team but be part of it
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise tasks and achieve targets
- Excellent reporting skills and a confident user of relevant software
- Excellence communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with excellent problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Ability to interface with internal teams, clients and suppliers
- The ability to act in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Able to work well under pressure
Our success is driven about by employing the most efficient working methods and creating a rewarding environment for our team.
Our core values are at the heart of our business. They define who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for. They set out our business principles, how we act and expect to be treated as part of Addison. We value our people and recognise them as our main assets.
We identify, nurture and train talent, we employ only the very best staff available and help to instill tremendous attitudes in them. We will work with you to define your career path, offering you the guidance, support and opportunities to flourish.
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org