Location: Thornton-Cleveleys or Daresbury
Job Type: Permanent Staff
Start: June / July 2022
Would you like to work in an environment that recognises your skills and experience? One where you are valued and listened to and one where you can take control and be proactive. Addison can offer this and much more.
We are recruiting for a Corporate Health and Safety Manager to join us on a permanent staff basis. In this role you will have responsibility for steering HSSE throughout the business, as such you can be based in either of our offices – Daresbury or Thornton-Cleveleys. The role offers the opportunity to develop and build on our current excellent HSSE performance throughout our offices and UK sites.
You will bring your skills and experience to set the strategy and manage performance throughout the Addison Group, covering our offices and sites. You will ensure compliance with all HSSE statutory legislation, accredited processes and all contract specific HSSE requirements. You will help drive our culture of continual improvement, focused on achieving zero-harm at all levels.
- Overall responsibility for coordinating the safety, health and environmental management programme
- Assist our Directors in developing a strategy and promoting a culture of continuous improvement, on matters relating to safety, health and the environment.
- Produce, communicate and review the effectiveness of all necessary risk assessments for the group’s operations, including review of all substances and relevant COSHH assessments.
- Review and where necessary, develop systems, KPI’s procedures, controls and monitoring standards to maintain legal compliance and to further promote the safety, health and environment.
- Ensure the H&S strategy is translated and adequate provisions are made for communicating and training employees on health and safety matters.
- Ensure ours Managers and employees are made aware of their responsibilities under current legislation.
- Complete major investigations and approve all accident investigations/incidents completed by Project Health & Safety Managers.
- Act as company liaison officer for all communications to HSSE including The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).
- Take the lead in organising project safety awareness campaigns
- Measurement and reporting of trends/statistics.
- Shall consult and agree with the Managing Director annual HSSE objectives, new legislative requirements, good practice and measures required to ensure compliance with current safety, health and environmental standards.
A construction biased Health and Safety Manager, you will be looking to progress your career leading our HSSE department. A role you can make your own, grow and develop and one where your ideas can be made reality.
- Demonstrable Health and Safety Management experience gained in an onshore environment
- Experience of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems
- Ideally a chartered member of the institute of occupational safety and health (IOSH)
- Ideally you will have experience as a Construction Manager, managing projects as Principal Contractor within the high-risk chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience working as a Principal Designer (ideally APS accredited)
- NEBOSH minimum qualification
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Ability to travel to our offices and sites throughout the UK
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: email@example.com
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.