Addison Precision based in Thornton-Cleveleys are looking to recruit a CNC Machinist Apprentice to start as soon as possible. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious, and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
As part of this role, you will be required to study towards the CNC Machining Apprenticeship Standard at the local college.
Duties will include:
- Learn to read engineering drawings.
- Learn to set and operate CNC machines.
- Learn to program CNC machines using different controls.
- Learn to carry out changes to programmes.
- Learn to problem solve machine issues.
- Learn about housekeeping and daily maintenance checks in the work area.
- Ensure all working practices and procedures are followed at all times.
- Understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
- Undertake any other duties in line with capabilities.
- Maintenance and safe working practices and use of PPE.
- Keep work area and shop floor tidy.
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Personal qualities
- A team player
- A strong desire to succeed in chosen field
- A “can do” attitude
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.