Location: Daresbury or Thornton-Cleveleys
Status: Permanent, Staff
We have an immediate requirement for a Buyer to join our Procurement Team on a permanent staff basis. Ideally the role will be based in our Daresbury office, however we are open to the right candidate being based in our Thornton-Cleveleys Head Office.
Candidates from all backgrounds will be considered, but experience within the engineering sector is desirable.
The success candidate will work within our Procurement Team and will support the Procurement Director, taking responsibility for all engineering buying in support of our projects throughout the UK.
We expect a lot from our people but in return we offer a lot too. We’ve given you a flavor below of the areas you will be involved in and the associated duties. We will be looking for experience in these areas when we review CV’s.
Managing and processing enquiries for engineering goods and services.
- Preparing Invitations to Tender and collating of technical information ready to issue to pre-determined suppliers
- Managing the enquiry process through to order placement, ensuring suitable terms and conditions have been agreed and suppliers are suitably vetted and approved
- Managing and completing the assessment of bids, along with our engineers, ensuring compliance with enquiry specifications
- Performing negotiations to get the best value for the company and our clients
- Completion of bid analysis/supplier recommendation forms, where required, and managing the approval process
Placement of purchase orders.
- Production of purchase orders within our Procurement system, we use MPower, therefore knowledge of this is advantageous
- Expediting orders to ensure delivery requirements are met
- Managing our approved supplier list
- Collating feedback on supplier performance
- Experience in an engineering buying role is preferred but not essential, however experience as a buyer is essential
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Able to prioritise and manage workload without direct supervision
- Able to react and remain calm in an ever-changing environment
- Proactive, focused and thorough
- Proven ability to problem solve, in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to work as part of a team with our engineering departments
- Ability to interface with internal teams, clients and suppliers to a high level
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.